What Might I Be Unaware of About House Odors After Fire Damage?
SERVPRO Can Offer You Guidance Since We Have Sufficient Experience Dealing with Fire Damage Restoration in Waterbury.
One of the common effects fires have on buildings is the buildup of bad odors, mostly because of the smoke residues deposited on surfaces. Since fires cause other severe problems, odor issues are relegated to the periphery of the restoration processes. SERVPRO has IICRC certified Fire & Smoke Restoration Technicians who can help you address odor issues in your Waterbury home the right way.
What makes odor removal different from resolving other fire damages?
When the fire damage restoration process in Waterbury involves something invisible like odor, many issues can arise that complicate the removal process. For instance:
- There is no machine to detect odors
- Odors can be psychological
- Odor removal requires neutralization of volatile molecules
If you are keen on restoration procedures, you might have noticed that most of the other damages can be diagnosed with various unique tools, including char depth gauges for materials seared by flames, moisture meters for areas where firefighting water spills, and circuit testers for electrical cables affected by the fire. However, for the odors, you have to rely on your nose. If you are exposed to odor for a long time, you might stop detecting it, or the intensity might diminish even though the odor is still there.
Sometimes you may experience odors that no one else feels. Although you might have a sharper sense of smell than others, the most likely reason for detecting non-existent smells is psychological. Our SERVPRO technicians incorporate some strategies in the restoration process that address these unique challenges, including:
- Placing masking agents in the affected area to provide a sweet scent
- Mixing deodorizers with cleaning solutions for general odor removal
- Using electronic deodorization techniques such as running hydroxyl generators
How does SERVPRO manage to remove all volatile odor molecules?
- Thorough cleaning and removal of affected materials
- Using injection devices to direct deodorizers to concealed sections
- Using thermal or ULV foggers to deliver deodorizers in tiny particles maximizing penetration
SERVPRO of Waterbury can help you address all odor issues after a fire affects your house. Call us at (203) 757-5050. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Find out more about Waterbury.