How Does SERVPRO Aid the Waterbury Homeowner’s Insurance Company?
SERVPRO Works with Homeowners and Insurance Companies in Waterbury to Ensure Everything Gets Handled Quickly and Professionally
Residential fires are the leading cause of fire deaths, injuries, and property loss. According to the 2016 annual report, 747 building and structure fire incidents were handled by Waterbury firefighters that year. While not all homes are insured against fire damage, the majority of them are covered. A professional restoration company is a vital part of the equation when it comes to assisting homeowners in their insurance claims.
What Parties Are Involved in Fire Restoration?
When there is a need for fire damage restoration in Waterbury homes, the insurance company works with homeowners to determine the damage and what loss gets covered. The parties involved in this process include:
- Homeowner – has suffered a loss due to a fire
- Insurance company – holds the homeowner’s insurance policy and is represented by a local agent
- Insurance adjuster – insurance company’s on-the-scene representative who works with the homeowner and the restoration company
- Restoration company – a valuable partner to the adjuster, provides critical information that assists with restoration and claims.
Meeting the Needs of the Homeowner & Adjuster
Fire loss in Waterbury is devastating to families. It turns everything upside down and can leave you wondering what to do and when to do it. Getting in contact with your insurance company is the first step after assuring you and your family are safe. Then SERVPRO enters the picture and can provide emergency fire mitigation steps. As a fire restoration company, we do more than simply come onto the premises and clean up. Fire restoration involves:
- Customer satisfaction – we understand what you are going through. Our technicians are here to restore your property to preloss condition whenever possible. We keep you apprised of what is happening every step of the way. We truly empathize with our neighbors' losses.
- Minimize loss – By providing immediate fire mitigation, SERVPRO techs can prevent secondary damage from occurring. Emergency services help reduce the loss on the property.
- Determine restoration – Our team can assist in deciding what can be cleaned, what needs replacing, and what does not need cleaning. Pretesting, training, and experience make our technicians experts at what they do.
- Assisting adjusters – We provide testing, loss detail, and scoping information quickly to save the adjuster time. Our professional crews have the experience necessary to manage restorations jobs, so the adjuster does not have to deal with minor, time-consuming tasks.
- Scope details – SERVPRO does a thorough scope of the scene that provides inspection and reports that, in turn, allow the adjuster to review the anticipated procedures. He then can prioritize a work schedule.
- Quality restoration – Restore rather than replace is always our goal. This saves the homeowner and the insurance company time and money. We desire to return your home to you, “Like it never even happened.”
By working closely with the homeowner and the adjuster, SERVPRO provides an invaluable service that goes beyond restoration. The stress of dealing with fire damage restoration is taken off the owner’s shoulders as our company works with the adjuster. The agent’s job is made easier by the steps we take to provide detailed information early on that allows things to go smoothly over the coming days.
What Can Homeowners Do to Assist the Process?
When a fire occurs, it can leave the individuals involved dazed and not always thinking clearly. The number of things that need to be done can be overwhelming. But certain things can be done to ensure your needs are met.
- If safety permits, take photographs.
- Provide a home inventory list. Our CCIS Contents Claim Inventory System utilizes a software program to list non-salvageable building materials, contents, and special possessions.
- Remove valuables, medication, and financial items before employees begin working. We are not permitted to handle any type of customers’ firearms in the structure.
- Do not use medications or cosmetics that have been contaminated.
- Identify your most important concerns to the technicians so they can prioritize those.
At SERVPRO, we understand the disruption, something as devastating as a fire can cause. Even small contained fires can put everyday life on hold while cleanup takes place. Our crews are available at all hours of the day and night to provide emergency fire mitigation. SERVPRO is a fire damage restoration company that local homeowners can depend on. We do our best to make the process as uneventful as possible while providing the needed communication between those impacted and their insurance companies.
If you experience fire damage of any size, call the professionals at SERVPRO. Smoke damage can occur from even the smallest fires, requiring professional cleaning. Trying to clean the area on your own can lead to further damage.
Contact SERVPRO of Waterbury at (203) 757-5050 for experienced fire damage restoration services. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.