Learn More About Cheshire History with a Cheshire Historical Society Tour
Visit a Historic Cheshire House And Step into the Past
The Cheshire Historical Society is passionate about keeping the history of Cheshire alive through museum exhibits, talks, and programs. Come and see Cheshire history for yourself with a tour of the Hitchcock-Phillips House. This Georgian-style home dates back to 1785. The Cheshire Historical Society has been its caretaker since the 1970s. Visit the Hitchcock-Phillips House for yourself and see:
- An Aaron Willard banjo clock from the 19th century.
- A chair designed especially for the comfort of men wearing swords
- A grandfather clock from 1775
- A traveling desk belonging to President Millard Fillmore
- A restoration of a boy’s room from the 1960s
And many other treasures besides. Tours take place on Sundays at 2:15 PM and 3 PM and are by appointment.
The winter months can damage your pipes – especially if you are out of the house and get cold. If a burst pipe leaves you in need of water removal, SERVPRO of Waterbury can help. Call us today at (203) 757-5050.